Sarah and Marie's Metricon Build Project

Thursday 3 October 2013

Contracts, designs and facade problems...

Sorry I haven't updated in weeks been very busy and sick .. sick for about 2 weeks :(
although work has progressed!!
While I have been waiting for contracts and modifications to be draw up I have been keeping myself busy with landscaping!! yes I know it's early but I know exactly how the house is placed on the land and where the fence will be after receiving back the land placement and land surveys.

On a side note were not having  the Kingston facade as this will push back our house and cause issues with the 'free open space' :( sad but it just means I can spend a bit more $$$ else where on stone work etc.

So this is my design so far I'm sure it will be modified slightly with the drive way etc but it's pretty spot on so I know how much I will need to buy for materials.

I purchased these pots from a seller on ebay which I will probably put at the front of the house where the two pots are currently shown on the picture or along the back wall where some wood cladding will be - this design is so easy so I will follow this with the blocks of stone to raise them up!

We don't have too much room for a luscious garden but who wants that these days anyway? and since tenants will be renting the house for a few years even if they kill the plants I can easily replace them and not spend too much $$$ but still get a great look :)  (ebay seller is if you want the same item : marks_quality_products)
All these are fiber glass pots so they wont corrode and can be washed down.






Large 380 dia Round Black Indoor Outdoor Planter Home Garden Plant Pot Box - AU $139.00 380mm diameter x 760mm high




430 x 430 x 660h mm - Round Indoor Outdoor Planter Fiberglass Home Garden Office Small Large Plant Pot -AU $116.10 (on sale) + $40 for white colour


I love the hexagons on this funky pot in white - paid extras for the white it looks so much better!
I'm going to see how good they when they arrive and order more quantities if needed.

The vertical gardens by Fytogree
Florafelt F12 Greenwall Growing Panel $150 each
Florafelt F12 felt pocket greenwall growing panel with root wrappers, coreflute backing and attachment tags. Made from 100% recycled PET plastic felt.
Mounted to a rigid plastic panel.
Simply Hang from the Nylon Tabs and Grow.
Includes root wrappers and 2 rows of drip irrigation. Grows 12/24 plants (not included).
800 x 600mm. WEIGHT: 3kg (about 11kg planted)


This is what I want to imitate near the kitchen window but horizontal.



















A smaller scale of this on the wall..

No comments :

Post a Comment